Friday, May 16, 2014

Day 8

Self declared half day off from work today. Took a nap for an hour or so in bunk even.

Came home, showered and changed. Left the house and headed for school. Since I had some time on my hands, why not try to finish up the bearguy? Don't wanna do it too last minute.

Went to clubroom and started painting. Familiar and new faces around. It's nice to hang around the clubroom again. I miss those times. Shared some army stories to the guys that were gonna enlist soon.

Had to separate the parts into individual pieces for painting. As this is a posable model and the parts move. So I couldn't paint it like how I paint static figures and tanks. Stuck it onto satay sticks for easy painting.

Managed to paint finish before we packed up. Needs a little touch up though. I'm afraid of paint chips and scratches, the original yellow colour showing through the blue would be horrendous. I hope I applied a generous amount of clear coat. Let's hope it's enough to protect it, yet not too thick that it chips easily. Fingers crossed.

Feel like writing a happy birthday note or something on the back of its head. We'll see how it goes.

The final product is blurred as I still want to keep it a surprise. Unveiling will be in a month's time or so. Keep waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment